connecting low-income communities to global opportunities through trainings
in world languages and intercultural competence
The mission of Immersed Global Communication Cooperative LLC is to foster effective intercultural awareness, competency, and sensitivity; to develop and enhance communication skills that emphasize global awareness, cultural appreciation, and world readiness. It is our mission to bridge the gap between low-income communities and global opportunities in order to afford everyone access to world-class resources and international success.
1. Improving cross-cultural understanding and international awareness
2. Producing individuals who can communicate effectively in a second or third language, both orally and in writing using appropriate grammar and vocabulary
3. Promoting international travel and/study
4. Cultivating a life-long appreciation and enthusiasm for languages and the cultures they reflect.
5. Fostering global mindsets/perspectives
6. Preparing students for real-world situations in cross-cultural contexts.
K-12 SCHOOL INITIATIVE
VISION: To create partnerships with schools in under-served communities.
Immersed Global will offer courses in French, Spanish, Arabic, and Mandarin taught by certified or native speakers to schools and churches that don't have resources to fund these programs.
Madame Armant's Immersion Cities!
VISION: A summer camp designed to foster an immersive world language experience.
Immersed Global will create a summer camp where students in low-income communities can achieve intercultural competence and fluency through language immersion education. We estimate the camp will run for 4-6 weeks. Languages of focus will be French, Spanish, Mandarin & Arabic.